Its been harder this year to get into the Christmas spirit. Some of the reasons are...no snow (I really like that part), we didn't bring any of our Christmas decorations with us, but more importantly no family.....Thank my lucky stars Mardy's sister Lara is saving us there. She'll be here in a week and I'm so excited I could cry. I can't wait to take her into all the shops I've been too scared to go into because they seem too posh. We also bought a 3 1/2 foot tree that came with its own cheesy decorations and we've been listening to Christmas music to try and get into the Spirit.
I must say that the weather is the best part about being here. It rains most days but other than that its really nice. Theres a bit of a chill in the air but not much more than that. But I must admit that I do miss the snow some times. I have so many great memories sledding down steep hills, building forts and of driving in whiteouts..for those of you who don't understand what I'm talking about well lets just say it has to be the craziest experience you would ever have while driving. All around you is completely white with blowing snow. If your lucky you can see the person's taillights ahead of you that you can follow. If not you might get lucky enough to see at least one white line on the highway so you can follow staring so hard for hours your afraid to blink. The only trick is to not slide off into the ditch. I think I'm reliving these memories on here because no one here would ever understand what it would be like to drive in a blizzard. Everyone here is still talking about the light blanket of snow they got last year. Well I really don't mind missing it every now and then. What I really like is being able to visit it without it coming to visit me. I really have no idea what awaits us when we go to Germany but I'm hoping that there will be snow....and Santa. Every time I pictured this Christmas Holiday I pictured Santa there. Thats really strange because just as much as I'm hoping that Santa will be there I'm more than certain that the only other people on this tour will be retired Elderly people and I don't think they would care 2 cents about Santa. What I'm hoping is that they will think Raven is the cutest thing they have ever seen in their entirely long lives and will write us into their wills as soon as they get home....or just tell us that we have the cutest kid in the world and that will be good enough.
Thank you Lara for coming to visit us next week, hope you don't mind the waterproof mattress cover and the 2 1/2 year old that comes with it....but your going to love love love the ocean.
5 comments:
So have you been brushing up on your german Char? You and Mardy are fluent right? :)
How can you miss the snow? I will be okay if I never see snow again in my life. When you described the white out conditions I got the willies all over. Its like driving through a nightmare.
Have fun with Lara in Germany, she will be Raven's favorite for sure!
by the way, I really don't miss driving in whiteouts. That was a little sarcastic
This is Clarissa even if it says it's Stewart. I can remember a trip with you coming home from Lethbridge during a whiteout. We did use the tail lights in front of us like a life line. It probably literally was. I think it took an hour and a half to get home when it would normally take 25 minutes. It's pretty white out here. Not a nce and warm snow, but a cold windy one. You feel frozen in the seconds it takes to walk from the car to the door of your house.
I missed the snow last year, but this year I am totally enjoying Christmas without it. Find someone in your ward who is lonely for Christmas and have them over on Christmas eve and share your little family traditions with them. They will love it. Or ask your Bishop if there is someone in the ward you could adopt as a grandparent. THat's what I've been wanting to do this christmas but Mark is making me go to Utah with him....ok Utah will be fun, but I still want to adopt a grandparent down here. :)
Raven had an adopted Grandma ever since we got off the plane. Grannie Annie is the Bishops wife and Raven loves her to bits. Bournemouth ward truly takes the term Ward Family seriously. We love it here so much.
Post a Comment