For youth this week we learned how to use the rolled icing and this is the cake I made. Raven loved it!

This was Raven's birthday party cake. She decided months ago that she wanted to have a mermaid cake so we watched youtube tutorials to come up with something that she loved.
Finally we thought that this turtle pull-a-part cake was perfect for the kids and went great with the underwater theme.
Almost 20 kids came to celebrate Raven's birthday! I had tons and tons of help with this party. Lara helped me make the mermaid cake. The missionaries came early to help with the decorations. My young women group helped with the invitations and by help I really mean they did it all themselves all I did was supply the invites. They also put on an under the sea show for the kids. It was a UV light show. They dressed in black and had fluorescent fish that they had dance to the little mermaid under the sea song. It was so great, the kids loved it. I can't thank them enough for all they did for the party. Mardy played games with the kids, we had craft tables and a bubble machine. Kirsty helped with the clean up and did all the vacuuming. My friend Hannah, my superstar friend, came to help put everything together. She helped with the decorations, the food, making sure the kids were all fed and helped with the clean up. Thank you so much for all you guys did and for all the kids for coming. Yes I love Bournemouth and I never want to leave!!!
2 comments:
Holy moly, I wish we could have been there. That is quite the party! So good that you have all that help. Happy birthday Raven, !@
Wow!! How are you ganna top that party next year! So fun! You are like super mom of the year for pulling that off with so many kids. Having good friends is completely invaluable eh! Sounds like your ward is SUPER tight. How big is it?
Happy Birthday Raven!
(email me your address)
Post a Comment