Sunday, 7 June 2009
Farm, horses and hospital
We've had a busy past week. On Monday Arlene was bucked off her horse and Papa had to take her to the Emergency in Raymond. While she was there her blood pressure dropped dramatically so they rushed her to the hospital in Lethbridge where she was given a transfusion and monitored in ICU. I was able to take time off of work and Mardy, Raven and I have been out at the farm keeping Papa company. Raven keeps calling my dad "Grampa John-G" and following him around like a lost puppy. Since I've had all this time off we've been able to help Clarissa and Stewart pack and move their stuff over to their new three bedroom apartment. Its been nice spending time with them since we'll be moving so far away we won't get to see much of each other over the next few years. We even had Ellie come and sleep over with us at Grandpa Johnny's and she was a little sweetheart. Raven however was not. Last night we were able to see Jordan at Grandma Doris's. We had some good laughs and took a tour of the booming metropolis of Raymond. Uncle Ricky came upstairs for a bit and Raven kept on pointing to him and calling him Jesus. Uncle Ricky said that Jesus had longer hair and wasn't as chubby. After he left Raven kept on asking where Jesus went. Arlene is still in the hospital in Raymond, I suppose she will be spending a few more days there. We are all still worried about her and praying for her recovery.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I loved this post. Mostly because Raven calls Ricky Jesus. That's hilarious! I hope that Arlene recovers quickly and fully. And I so hope you have a white Christmas and I'll try very very hard not to be jealous since Phoenix get ZERO snow and I sure did miss it this last Christmas.
Post a Comment