Tuesday, 26 March 2013

Thankful for days like today

I woke up this morning feeling rough and I mean tummy bug rough.  I must have caught what Raven had on Sunday so I cancelled everything I had going on...and then good things started to happen.  I found out that my fees to get my licence for work where half what they originally told me.  I made enough money on my first pay check to pay for it and still have lots left over.  The day was absolutely beautiful.  The sun was hot and there wasn't a wisp in the air.  So I doped up on gravol and sipped my coke on the porch swing in the sunshine.  


 I got to watch Arlene work with Tony

I hear a really loud rumbling noise in the driveway


And when Raven got home from the bus she had lost her first tooth!

Oh and one of the best moments of the day.....  getting a phone call asking me if I would like a full time job in the south zone!

So I'm trying not to puke as I write this but I'm kind of glad that this stomach flu has made me slow down and appreciate all the blessings that seemed to have come all in one day.

2 comments:

suzi said...

That's awesome, and sounds like a nice relaxing day that you needed. On days like that I actually do miss Canada and the farm... But then wind returns.... Poor little worn out movie star sittin on the porch swing!

Thomas Family said...

Ha Ha Suzi. You do look like a poor little worn out movie star sittin on the porch swing. I'm so glad all those great things happened! Sometimes we have to wait for it (which only strengthens us) but I know that Heavenly Father never lets us down. Love you!