Monday, 7 May 2012

Birthdays

Raven and I both just had our birthdays.  Mardy was busy on Raven's birthday with football so Raven and I went to watch Mirror Mirror at the cinema.  After the movie we went to play at Monkey Bizness where Matt and Hannah surprised us with a visit!  For my birthday Mardy, Raven and I went to play at the watersides at Splashdown and then to dinner at Chiquito's.  A few days later we had Raven's birthday party at the church.  Mardy and I made sandy footprints for all the kids.  We had the children stand in sand to make a footprint, then we filled the footprint with plaster of paris and let it dry.  Mardy and I were so busy doing the footprints that the party would have been a disaster if Matt and Hannah weren't there.  They played games with the kids and Matt brought his DJ equipment to play some kid party songs.

My little 5 Year old!!!  She has now officially lived half her life in England!



My attempts at cake pops.  I put them in the treat bags.  Check out my cousins wife's cake pops and other things at Delectables by Jen on Facebook. 



Raven's sandy footprint from her birthday party.  I think it turned out great.  I hope the other kids turned out as good.

A pink cake for my little girl.  Yummy strawberries and my famous pancake cream in the centre.


And as for the rest of the pictures from the party.....well Mardy and I were so busy running around we didn't have time to take any!!!!  Like always after a birthday party I think to myself, ten kids tops next year........we'll see.....




I thought I would add a picture of these guys since I found them on Raven's camera.  Everyone meet Rose and Black Rose (Blackie). They turned 1 in April.

4 comments:

Thomas Family said...

Yeah, happy birthday to both of you!! Sounds like the party was a blast and so glad you have such fantastic friends to help you out with it. :)

Daniel said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
suzi said...

This is my 3rd attempt at commenting today. I'll just say I love the cake pops and strawberry cake and sandy footprint, what a fun mom you are. Lucky sweet little Raven with the adorable dimples.! Great job with those cake pops

Emily said...

Fun! Sounds like you guys had an awesome birthday month! Looked cute and sounded fun!