Raven has the day off of school today....so what would make us get up, get ready and out the door before 8?
SNOW!!!! Raven was so excited! She's been wishing for snow since before Christmas. I hope she got her fill because I'm pretty sure there will be no trace of it by noon. Oh and all of these pictures are taken with my brand spankin new DSLR camera. Looks like my new years wish came true. Here's to hoping Mardy and Raven's do too.

8 comments:
How come you look so cute before 8am Charlotte!! Raven's eyes sure look dark and I love the snow angel, she is just lovin it! I might have to send you a pair of snow pants for her, heaven knows when we'll ever use them again! Love the new camera shots, I think you have inspired me to do another post xoxoxoxoxoxo
Hey, so are you shooting in Manual mode? I just got one too and a friend told me that was the best to practice in. Then you are in full control. Anywhoo, great valentines day shoes :) and love the snow pictures!
I'm still in automatic mode right now. I want to take a course and learn everything I can.
There is lots you can learn online. What kind of camera did you get. I did a couple of online tutorials and use manual mode (I'm sure in a very limited sense) but I like it a lot. Just practicing in it helps a lot.
oh please tell me where you are going online. I just bought a canon 1100D (Rebel T3).
So I have a canon rebel xt (I think -don't actually know which one - my mom just gave me hers) anyways I just typed in canon rebel tutorials in you tube and browsed through a few of them. I found they were super helpful in learning the basics of the camera. You know understanding what buttons do what and then moving on to understanding aperture and iso etc. I think a bunch were done by michaelthementor on youtube. pretty monotone but farely helpful. Some other ones were from an australian canon company or something like that and I can't seem to find it again but they were more interesting to watch. Then I was talking to a photographer who gave me a brief run through and said to just practice in manual and learn how to change the settings etc. He is giving a workshop I hope before we move. A big part I have found is determined by the lens. What lens do you have? I'm on the lookout for a smaller lens that lets in more light and gives a shallower depth of field. Anywho - my mom just recommended this website to me http://www.clickinmoms.com/blog/ but I ahve yet to really check it out. This is the longest post ever in my life. I'm so excited for you to start having fun iwth your camera!!
Hey, looks like you guys got as much snow as we have this year... well, close anyway.
I'm so excited you got your new camera!!! So fun. I don't go anywhere without it!
Since this is also an camera advice comment area, I'm going to say DON"T fiddle with manual when you want the pictures to be good. I can almost guarantee they will be blurry for the first while no matter how many courses you take. Just enjoy how fast the camera can shoot and how clear the pictures are. Stick with auto when you want the photos, and mess around with manual with, lets say, a doll (or newspaper is highly recommended) at first. Something stationary. After your feel comfy with auto, try turning the dial to the AV and TV and mess around with the ISO, depth and stuff. THEN, when you are really comfy with those and can take important pictures on those settings, try manual.
I've had the Rebel for 3 years now and love it to bits and pieces and have taken a couple online courses and had one-on-one courses. After all that, I'd still say reading the book and watching the movie that come with the camera are the best ways to learn it. Practise lots, and when you do start going beyond manual, look at your screen lots to make sure the settings are correct and you are in focus. Trust me, I've made every mistake possible (and still do :)
Ha ha, long post, put I'm love the camera. It is so much FUN!
Thanks for the advice guys! We haven't gone out much so i haven't used it too much but I do think practicing around the house first is a really good idea. I only have the kit lens but hopefully I can upgrade when I get a little better.
Post a Comment