Raven's last day of school was July 22. Thats right folks I wrote July and I meant it. I still think its crazy they only get 6 weeks of summer vacation and no matter how much parents tell me about all the benefits I still don't think it makes any sense. This is a picture of Raven and her favourite teacher. She made it look pretty on the iPod.
On the Saturday after the last day of school Raven had her ballet performance. Mardy took Raven to her practice in the morning but he wasn't able to make it to the performance that night because his American Football team had a game on at the same time. I made him feel really bad about it. So since the other half of my brain wasn't helping get Raven ready I forgot Raven's ballet shoes. She was the only kid there without shoes and the teacher even made a point of making me look even more stupid when at the very beginning of the performance asked me about them over the load speakers (even though I told them on the way in). Anyway she was still so super cute and sweet.
So since Raven only has 6 weeks of summer I've felt a lot of pressure to take her places and do fun things. So far we've gone to Honeybrook Farm, played on the beach a few times, played at the paddling pool, watch fireworks, had a few BBQ's, shopping, walked to Old Harry's Rocks, made a magicians hat and bow tie at the library and Mardy bought Raven the Pirates of the Caribbean lego video game which they play any chance they can get. I really want to take Raven camping one more time this year but Mardy is busy studying for his exams I would have to do it by myself and I'm just not sure that I'm brave enough to do that yet.
3 comments:
Wow, Raven looks so grown up and cute in her outfit, Maysa would be sooooo jealous. Don't go camping alone- take a girl from the ward or something. All those fun outings, I'm jealous. :)
From a parent who may be crazy-I think 6 weeks of summer vacation would be AWESOME! We are at the halfway mark & my kids (& Me) are beyond ready for school to be back in. If they had longer school years, they would definately have to have more random weeks off though too compensate. Glad to hear you are having so much fun over there!
I still can't believe that Raven is in school!! I just registered Zina for kindergarten the other day. And 6 weeks!! bahumbug summer vacation!! Your such a good mom to party for those sicks weeks. Hope Mardy aces those exams and Raven looks super sweet (and serious) in her ballet pose. :)
Post a Comment