After the ballet halloween party we came home for lunch and then we were back out to go check out the halloween events in the lower gardens. After standing in line for an hour and a half for the free face painting, yes that was how long we stood in line, Raven fell asleep in my arms. I'm so glad Mardy was there or maybe I'm not because I wouldn't have done it without him. No way am I going to stand in line for an hour and a half and not get my kids face painted so I told the lady to paint it while I held her. The first coat of paint was fine but then she started painting the eyes and the lips and every time she tried that Raven would wipe it away with her hand. After a bit or prodding Raven finally woke up with a big smile on her face. She was so happy that she was getting her face painted like a bumble bee.
Later that night we went to a church fancy dress party. Mardy was a police officer, I was a convict and Raven was of course a bumble bee. It was fun to see everyone so dressed up. There were lots of games for the little kids and dancing where Raven was able to display her incredible thriller dance. Then we had trunk or treat in the parking lot. The best part about the entire evening, getting home by 8:30! I put Raven right into the bath, got her ready for bed and then Mardy and I watched the Legend of Sleepy Hollow, which I've never seen before and yes I did have nightmare's all night long.

Happy Halloween!
5 comments:
I miss you guys
Great costumes Mardy and Charlotte and of course Raven. You guys look great. I wish I could have seen Raven dancing the thriller dance.
ok so did you watch the old cartoon version? The story of icabod crane? We did and Zina LOVED it. Wilson would have been scared silly but he was fast asleep. LOVE the costumes!
They have a cartoon version???? That would have been much better. I dreamt of murder all night long.
I love that song but you've got to change it. It just makes me think how far away you are I can't hardly read the blog through my tears!
Post a Comment