
see we weren't the only ones at the beach supporting the cause....
Today was an unusually lovely day. The weather was perfect and the sun was actually out. There wasn't a better day to go to the beach so we spent the afternoon playing around in the sand. I feel very fortunate to be able to do such great things. There isn't much I can do for the 1 billion hungry people or the 40 percent of the worlds population who don't have shoes but one thing I can do is help to raise awareness. Thats why I want to tell everyone about TOMS shoes and their one for one movement. For every pair of shoes that you buy they donate a pair of shoes to a child in need. My TOMS shoes are coming in the mail tomorrow and I will wear them as much as possible and try to spread the word that there is an easy way to help someone in need. Its hard without shoes. If you are interested in purchasing your pair click here.
8 comments:
Okay here we go again, lets see if I can leave a comment in my name not Dan's. I love the picture with all the feet together. You are awesome Charlotte, I wish I was more like you. Good that you can enjoy the rays while they last. They'll probably head back to Arizona tommorow> :) ha ha
Suzi, please don't take the sunshine back yet. I'm kind of liking this warm sunny (non-raining) weather.
nice day for no shoes. I am thinking seriously about buying a pair
These could be my favorites.
http://www.toms.com/mens/classics/bleached-madras-rope-sole-classics-shoes
They only sell them in North America though. But no matter what type you get you can't really go wrong. They are all pretty comfy and stylin. And you get a sweet tan when you wear them.
Charlotte, my grasshopper pie recipe is so easy, it takes maybe 5 minutes to make.
Mix:
1 large pkge of pistachio pudding
with 1 and half cups of milk
Add 2 cups of whipped cream
Add 4 or 5 crushed cool mint oreo cookies (not totally necessary), you could use any chocolate cookie, really
1/2 tsp mint extract
Dump it all in a crust. Usually you would use a black cookie crust, but we just use a graham crust. ANy crust you like would be fine.
If you want to be fancy, then add a small layer of whip cream on top and drizzle dark chocolate on top of that.
Oh Suzi that does sound easy and delicious. I don't think they have pistachio pudding here. Maybe I'll put it on my list of things I need Clarissa to bring me. I miss your banana cream pies. YUMMY!
Post a Comment