Friday, 1 January 2010

London, New Years and Good Byes

We wanted to catch a show in London while Lara was here so for the thousandths time we boarded a bus and headed to London for the day. We only had a few hours to look around before Les Miserables started so from Victoria Station we walked to Buckingham Palace just in time to see the madness surrounding the changing of the guards. We stopped to admire the Queen Victoria monument and we headed down a path. As we were leaving the path I noticed that this path was the Diana Princess of Wales Memorial Walk. My mother loved all things Diana, just ask Clarissa. In the distance we could see the top of Big Ben so we walked to see that and Westminster Abby. London was so busy, it was raining and it was cold....Need I explain more about our stopping to have a bite to eat at a McDonald's on our way. When we got to the show we were so afraid they wouldn't let us take Raven in with us. They did stop us and question us about her and we said that she was just going to sit on our lap. They said that she still needed a ticket so Mardy got the cheapest one left for £15 and she was able to sit on our laps in the stalls. Raven was riveted with the show for at least the first 30 minutes. I was almost in tears when Fantine died. Raven did so well with us. She was quiet the entire time and she played on the floor when she got bored.

For New Years we went to our friends flat for a party. We all had lots of fun but I think Raven had the most fun playing with all of the adults. Raven and I both fell asleep before midnight but Mardy was gracious enough to wake me us so we could count down and sing and dance. I went back to sleep while Mardy and Lara partied with the rest of the group. As soon as we were back home again Raven threw up all over. I was so glad she didn't do that while we were there. She's fine now, I'm not too sure what was wrong with her. Today we had to say goodbye to Auntie LaLa. She is off to London again to visit a friend and then will by flying out in the morning. As soon as Mardy walked in the door from dropping her off at the bus station Raven asked where she was and she was sad to hear that she had to go. We're so glad that you could come Auntie LaLa. We love having visitors.











4 comments:

Suzi said...

Is that a ferris wheel behind the castle? Those pictures are really good Charlotte, you guys must be tired after all the partying and "bashing around London"!

Charlotte, Mardy and Raven said...

Yes I am tired, I've been living in my PJ's for the past two days. Raven is sick so if I don't go to church tomorrow I'm not sure I'll ever get out of them. The ferris wheel thingy is the London eye. Its huge and has the best view of London.

Suzi said...

Raven probably has a virus, she'll get over it soon enough. Wait till you have 3 kids and they all decide to get sick at the same time! :)
Did you get to go on the London eye?

Becky said...

Your pictures are so awesome! Sorry about the sickies. We had it on Christmas eve and Christmas day.:(